reader

Saturday, October 25, 2008




Poker tables are making a comeback in Missoula
By JOE NICKELL of the Missoulian

Philip Whitzitt deals out cards during a poker game at the Moulin Rouge on Thursday.
Photo by LOUIS MONTCLAIR/Missoulian

It's only my fourth hand playing Texas Hold'em at Missoula's Moulin Rouge nightclub, and already I'm all in. No going back now: I've bet my last chips on one hand.

Granted, I only started with $20 in chips. But after just 10 minutes at the table, it's looking like it's going to be a short night.

Two other players are still in the game, glancing from their hands to my face to each other. One of them raises my bet.


I place a $10 bill on the table, to buy more chips.

"No cash on the table," says the dealer, 22-year old Philip Whitsitt, glancing up at me and pushing the bill back in my direction. Reading my intent, he adds, "you're all in, which means you don't have to keep matching the pot to stay in the game."

I mumble an apology, realizing that I've already shown my hand: I'm a newbie.


read the reast of the article here

No comments: